Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thank goodness it's Thursday

The weekend comes early in Muslim countries (although the work week can start early as well), so tomorrow is my first day off. Good thing, too, because I'm pretty exhausted. I think I have a minor cold. I'm taking plenty of vitamin C and should be fine so long as I can carve out 9-10 hours of sleep tonight.

That being said, people have been wanting to see what my apartment (flat) looks like, so I might as well spend a few minutes uploading photos just to please 'em. :-)

Here is a picture of the room where I'm staying:
And here is what you can see out of the window of my room at night:

I'll try to tell you more about what's going on in a later post, but now...

Arabic?

العربية: امس ذهبت الى سوق وآشتريت حدرو. اكلت كشرى. بكبدة عند صداع
El 'arabiya: Ams thabadtu ila suq we ashatarya hadrawat. Akaltu Kushari b'Kibde. 'ainda sada'.
Yesterday I went to the market and bought vegetables. I ate Kushari with Liver. I have a headache.

1 comment:

Toby said...

I think you have the period in the wrong place in the second to last sentence. I'm really hoping I can learn a little bit of Arabic before I come over in October, in'sh'allah.